DECIMALS AND MONEY LESSON PLAN
1. Divide the class into groups of four and five. Name each group: Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, etc.
2. Pass out dollars and coin pieces to the students in your class (one set per group). Make sure each student has a different amount of money.
3. Give each student has a copy of the Decimal and Money chart.
4. Have the students fill out the first line of the chart using the money they have for their group.
5. Once the first line of their chart is filled out have each group switch their money with the other groups.
6. When the groups have switched money have them fill out the next line of their chart. Then have them switch money again until their entire chart is filled out.
7. Send students back to their seats and pass out the Decimal and Money Worksheet.
8. When their worksheets and charts are both completed have them turn them in so they can be graded.
Money Lesson Plans and Worksheets
More Math Lesson
Plans, Worksheets, and Activities
teaching material, lesson plans,
lessons, and worksheets please go back to the InstructorWeb home page.