- Explain to students that an analogy is a way of comparing things.
- Provide the following examples (or ones of your own):
finger hand toe foot
bear animal red color
- Discuss how the two pairs of words are related in the same way.
- Have children explain the sample analogies, i.e., hands have fingers, feet have toes; bears are animals, red is a color.
- Have children complete the analogy worksheets. For more advanced students, provide copies of worksheets with the word choices hidden.
- Discuss answers.
The words in the first two columns go together. Decide how they go together. Then find a word inside the box that goes with the word in the third column in the same way. Write the word in the fourth column next to the word it goes with.
Language Arts Lesson Plans and Teaching Worksheets
teaching material, lesson plans,
lessons, and worksheets please go back to the InstructorWeb home page.