Students should read the lesson, and complete the worksheet. As an option, teachers may
also use the lesson as part of a classroom lesson plan.
Excerpt from Lesson:
Exploring Subject/Verb Agreement
- There are three items that work together to form a complete sentence. They are:
- Complete Thought
- In order to form a complete thought, subjects and verbs must agree.
- In this lesson, you will learn about subject/verb agreement.
What is a Subject/Verb Agreement?
- Subject/Verb agreement is a necessary for sentence structure to be correct.
- In Subject/verb agreement, the subject and verb must agree in number. That is, either both must be singular, or both must be plural.
- A singular subject has no “s” on the end, but a singular verb has an “s,” whereas the opposite is true for plural subjects and verbs.
English and Language Arts Lesson Plans, Lessons, and Teaching Worksheets
teaching material, lesson plans,
lessons, and worksheets please go back to the InstructorWeb home page.