Students should read the lesson, and complete the worksheet. As an option, teachers may
also use the lesson as part of a classroom lesson plan.
Excerpt from Lesson:
What is a Verb?
- A verb is the part of a sentence that tells what action is taking place. There are 3 types of verbs: action verbs, helping verbs, and linking verbs.
- Action Verbs show activity, such as run, jump, fly, memorize, listen, laugh. These words are names things that you can do.
- Helping Verbs are words that “help” the action word do its job within a sentence.
- Linking Verbs are words that link the subject of a sentence to the rest of the ideas within the sentence.
- Linking Verbs and Helping Verbs do NOT show action, and they are the following words.
English and Language Arts Lesson Plans, Lessons, and Teaching Worksheets
teaching material, lesson plans,
lessons, and worksheets please go back to the InstructorWeb home page.