Geometry: Congruent Figures
Students will learn to identify congruent figures and segments.
• Students will review the basics of calculating measurements.
• Students will learn to define the term congruent.
• Students will learn the symbol for the term congruent.
• Students will identify congruent segments.
• Students will practice these skills in their independent work.
Seventh Grade - Eighth Grade - Ninth Grade - Tenth Grade - including special education students
Print the classroom lesson plan and worksheet questions (see below).
Note: This is a shorter lesson and should be combined with construction practice using a straightedge, compass and a pencil. Students need a lot of practice constructing congruent figures and line segments.
We have been learning about some of the basic building blocks of geometry. Some of these things have included terms and descriptions. In our last lesson, we learned about calculating measurements. Let's review a little of what we learned in our last lesson.
When points are collinear, meaning that they are on the same line, we can use this information and our algebra skills to figure out the lengths of different line segments. Let's look at an example: