Print the classroom lesson plan and worksheet questions (see below).
I. Introduction and Review
- “Today we are going to continue our work with proportions. We have been solving them and working with algebraic expressions too. Now, we are going to begin working with proportions and percents.”
- “Let’s take just a minute and review a little bit about percentages.”
- Note: Use this review as a whole class review and discussion. Fill in any of the missing information on percentages with the students. Stress the connection between ratios and percentages given that a percent is compared to 100.
- “Think back now. A percentage is related to fractions and decimals, given that all three of these represent a “part” of a “whole”. Sometimes you may have the whole thing, or a part of it. You can convert fractions to decimals and decimals to percents, and back again.”
- “Here are some things to remember about percentages. Write these things in your notebooks.”
More Math Lesson Plans, Lessons, Worksheets, and Activities
teaching material, lesson plans,
lessons, and worksheets please go back to the InstructorWeb home page.