Understanding Parts of Speech: Verbs
An introduction to understanding verbs.
• Students will understand what a verb is.
• Students will learn to identify verbs in a sentence.
7th - 12th Grade - Secondary Education - High School
Students should read the lesson, and complete the worksheet. As an option, teachers may also use the lesson as part of a classroom lesson plan.
• There are three items that work together to form a complete sentence. They are:
3. Complete Thought
• Without the subject or verb, there cannot be a complete thought.
• In this lesson, you will learn about verbs.
What is a Verb?
• A verb tells you something about the subject of a sentence.
Print this printable worksheet for this lesson: